Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip

It's been quite a while since I shared any recipes (sorry) but for a few months now, my bestie has made the most delicious dip, at our gatherings. She found the recipe on Our Best Bites, a website by 2 very talented ladies, Kate and Sara. They have the most delicious recipes and it's become one of our favorite recipe "go to" sites. You have to try this Jalapeno Popper dip, it's incredible! If you know me, you know that I am NOT a fan of jalapeno poppers AT ALL. My poor hubby loves them but I won't make them because they gross me out, lol. But since my friend started making it, I have fallen in love and so has my hubby. And since I can't very well have my friend make it for us, whenever we crave it, I've had to make it as well. It's not the prettiest dish but oh my god, how the taste will totally win you over.


image source: Our Best Bites
Ingredients:
2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great)
1 c. mayonnaise (light also works here, but DON'T use Miracle Whip!)
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 4-oz. can fire roasted green chilies
1/2-1 4-oz. can diced jalapeno peppers*, drained
1-2 sourdough baguettes, sliced, and/or crackers

*1/2 can is mild with a little bite, a whole can is definitely on the spicy side, but if you've got taste buds of steel, you might prefer a 7-oz. can. 4 ounces definitely pushes the limit for my husband and I and our kids won't touch it.

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients and spread into a 9" pie plate or a small baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dip is bubbly and golden brown.


Photobucket

5 comments:

FrugalCityGirl said...

The food dishes look good!!! I am following from MBC and would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow back :0)

http://frugalcitygirl-frugalcitygirl.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Thanks for following me at www.havingfunsaving.blogspot.com - My hubby and I are HUGE Jalapeno Popper Fans! Yum....I am going to post this on my site too - with a link back to you! YUM! Thanks for sharing!

Christine Wang said...

i love creamy recipes like this! Thanks for stopping by my blog and happy end of the week!

Lindsay said...

Hey Jeannette! It's Lindsay from Grand Valley Kids. Very cool blog, I am always looking for new creative entertaining ideas. My family would go ga-ga for this dip! Thanks for sharing. Following you back:)

Anonymous said...

Is the can of fire roasted green chilies supposed to be the diced can and also drained like the jalapeno peppers? I am making this for a work event next month. I am super excited to try it. :)