Sunday, September 12, 2010

Party Planning: Monsters & Aliens

It's Sunday afternoon and I have been in "Party Planning Mama" mode since I woke up! While I am planning a small girly party for my daughter next Sunday, I have also been experimenting with ideas for Nate's 2nd birthday. Yes, I know, it sounds insane but that's the way my mind works. Actually, I have been thinking about it for a little while now. One of the ideas I really liked was a "Monsters & Alien" theme. My little man still really loves Yo Gabba Gabba (mainly Brobee) but I didn't want to do that theme again. So since they/he are "monsters" in a way, I thought I would do monsters (not scary of course). Not to mention he does act like a little monster too! Another little character he likes is the cute green aliens from Toy Story, so I thought of incorporate those as well. So here I am like a loony, shopping for items and putting things together, just brain storming. Who knows, Nate loves to play ball, so I may just start thinking of ways to have a "Ball" theme party! LOL! But for now, this is what I'm going with... hehe! Check out my experiments...

I can't decide if this is an alien or a monster?? LOL, but I like it for decorating!
Made out of a car washing mitt, pipe cleaners and eye balls. Stuffed with a cylinder vase, to hold it upright. It still needs some finishing touches though.
Spaceship with alien creatures. To use as hanging decor or even centerpieces.
Made with pipe cleaners, 2 plastic bowls (99 cent store), foil paper, eye balls and squishy fringy balls (LOL, sorry I don't know how to describe them!), also from the 99 cent store.
I found this t-shirt at Target and I thought it was perfect for him and the theme. I bought it a couple sizes bigger (I hope big enough!). If I end up changing themes, then it won't be a big loss, it was only $4
These monster lollipops are so cute! And perfect for a "Monsters & Alien" party! Found on Squidoo

6 comments:

Adriana said...

Really cute theme! It's so funny I got JD a robot shirt (24 months) from Target for his next b-day too! BTW, I think it's an alien, because it has antennas. LOL

J. At Your Service said...

@Adriana-Thank you! I made it and then I was like "what is it??", LOL! I got Nate a 3T, cause I have a little fatty on my hands! Now I just have to work on the Monsters part of it. Member that art pc (the ugly doll/monster one) we saw in DTLA, I have a friend working on some for me too. I'm already getting excited! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG your a effing LUNATIK!!!!!! lol- Jessica!

Amaris said...

"All hail the claw!!"

Veronika said...

What a creative theme! I love how the squishy fringy balls came out, how clever to add the googly eyes & make them look like monsters! I bet all the decor will turn out amazing... so far everything looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha those are really cute.


You have been awarded the “One Lovely Blog Award” on my blog.

http://lifeaintalwaysbeautiful-blog.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-award.html

~ Missy