Monday, September 13, 2010

Mission: Organization (My Girls Room)

Over the weekend, besides being in "PPM" mode, I finally got to my daughters bedroom. A couple of months ago I purchased bunk beds for them, in order to create space. Their room is not very big and if you have girls (OR are a girl), you know ALL the crap they can accumulate. My girls room was a disaster and so cluttered with 2 separate beds in there. I wish I would have thought of taking a picture to show you but trust me, it WAS! Here is the after photo....
Another project, which I worked on this weekend, was their homework area. My sister was kind enough to give them her old desk, which was in great condition. I had purchased a few things for the desk area about 2 months and as usual, held on to them, never setting anything up. I can't tell you how much better their room looks and now they have a cute area for them to work "hard" at.
BEFORE
Most items were purchased at Ikea and Target. The magnet board I found at Ross, with a purple ribbon and I just replaced it with a red ribbon to match the color scheme.
Picture day is in October and my girls want to use those pictures, so for now, empty frames. Except for their cute little brother!
After
Red desk chair, also from Ikea. The little boy in the way..... I have no idea where he came from? LOL!!

4 comments:

Isa D. said...

looks great!! makes me wish i had homework to do!

Jenn said...

Cute blog and great pictures! I love the room! Thanks for following me and I'm following you back.

Jennifer @ Life with the Lebedas

Amaris said...

Isa you're sounding like me! LOL!

I love my little chubby nephew in the corner :)

Evette said...

Very cute! I love it! You did a great job cousin!