Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Party Planning: Tutus

As you have seen from the past few post, I have been in "PPM" (Party Planning Mama) mode. Tahlia's 7th birthday is next Monday and I am having a small gathering for her on Sunday. For those of you who don't know my daughter, she is very mature for her age. That is probably due to the fact that she has an older sister. She always wants to do what her older sister does, ALWAYS. I'm constantly having to remind her that she is ONLY 6 and NOT 11, like her sister. Even when her own friends are around, if there are older girls there, she'd rather be with them. So as I contemplated ideas for her birthday, I was saddened at the thought that a "little girly" party was probably not an option. But I took a chance and asked her, if she would want one last "little girl" party and she said YES! I was so happy she agreed! She even had some input into things we could have and do. The very first thing out of my mouth was, tutus! And she loved it! So after some searching on YouTube for tutu tutorials, I found one I liked and made my first tutu. I will be making all the girls tutu's actually. Now after Tahlia wanted to add butterfly wings and wands, it looks like this is going to be a "Fairy" type party. I can't wait to share the rest but for now, check out Tahlia's birthday tutu!



11 comments:

Isa D. said...

Shoot! I didn't realize how easy those are to make, and people ask for $$$ for those. It looks real good, I hope you guys have fun at the party!!

Vanessa R. said...

That's too cute. I paid $60 for one for Desiree!

Veronika said...

Looks great! Oh, I could imagine how much fun you are having preparing for all the birthdays!:)
I love to party plan!

J. At Your Service said...

@Isa- yea it's super easy! You should start adding those to Cute 4 Sale, you'd make some bank! I do have to cut more, it came out kinda long and I'll prolly add some things.
@Vanessa- wow, $60?!? That's crazy! This cost me about $8 to make!
@Veronika- thanks! I am having fun, I think that's why I keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Just stopped by to say that I am now your newest follower on Twitter. I'm already following your blog, so came by for a visit and saw your Twitter button. I'm @islandhoney29

Enjoy the party, hope it's awesome.

Marie

Melanie Schwaesdall said...

Very nice tutu! My niece has just started making those along with hair bows that match. It seems to be the new "in" item.

Hope the party is a great success!

Sharina said...

Love it!!! So adorable! I am making tutu's for my 7 and 4 year old for Halloween this year. I can't wait, and you just inspired me even more :)

Good luck with the party planning!

J. At Your Service said...

Thank you ladies! I hope it's a success as well! @ Melanie- I do seem to see a lot of tutus and oversized flower head bands, so it must "in". But it's just so cute, how can you resist!
@ Surviving Motherhood- Aww, I wanna see how your's turn out! Good luck to you too!

Petite Marie said...

Hi there! They are coming along so so cute!
Was thinking the other day whether or not you had tried the cupcake toppers?? How did they come out?

J. At Your Service said...

@Petite Marie- I haven't tried it yet :( Unfortunately my computer crashed and I'm using a loner, that has NO programs. Which is sooo annoying! But I am STILL determined to make them. I actually have made a few but nothing the way we discussed. I will definitely let you know when I do, thanks for thinking of me! :)

Judy Joyce said...

Very cute!

Following from Mom Bloggers Club helping you get more followers - http://healthbeautychildrenandfamily.com