Monday, September 27, 2010

DIY: Dessert Stands

Ok, back to business! My parties are over and even though I LOVE doing this, I'm so glad the planning is over (for now). I haven't been this exhausted since Nate's first birthday party. But through the exhaustion, I worked on a few projects, that I am excited to share with everyone. The first one being, DIY dessert stands. A few months ago, I saw featured on "Hostess With the Mostess" (one of my favorite party sites), Julie of "Joys's Hope". She made these AMAZING dessert stands with items purchased from the Dollar Tree store. I immediately fell in love with these stands! At that moment I was on a mission, to find these items and make these stands. And days before my daughters 7th birthday party, I found them and started spraying. Julie was right though, once you start, you won't want to stop! I have the desire to spray paint EVERYTHING now......next thing you'll see on my blog, will probably be my children in different colors, hahaha! Check out my dessert stand and click on the link, to see full instructions from Julie. Also check out the many great ideas and DIY posts from Julie, "Joy's Hope" is an amazing blog!





From Dollar Tree: 3 steel serving trays
2 glass candlesticks
1 tube of Super Glue Fix All adhesive
From Home Depot: Rust-Oleum spray paint
(Pink Berry Gloss)
(Green Apple)
Be sure to use Primer on all the pieces, it really makes a difference in the finish look.

4 comments:

Kate @ Andeverythingsweet said...

I love it!! How clever! Love the color combo!!!

sara said...

That is really creative! I loved the pics of everything you made for your daughter's 7th birthday. Just wanted to let you know I gave you an award. Come on over and claim it....www.8aplenty.blogspot.com

Sara

Danielle said...

Stop it now!! Love this idea!!! Definitely going to do this for an upcoming event I'm planning. Thank you!!

J. At Your Service said...

Thanks ladies! You definitely should check out Joy's Hope, her tiers were awesome! @ Danielle- Can't wait to see how yours turns out!!