Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Parties: Bear Baby Shower

This past Sunday I had my very first "Party Planning" gig. I was asked to plan/coordinate a Bear theme baby shower. Now since they were family, of course I did it "Pro Bono" but I was still very excited to actually do ALL the planning for a party that I didn't have to pay for. I was "contracted" to make all the necessary arrangements and most of the decorating. The shopping, the hiring of vendors, and the food arrangements as well. I also got to show off my talents on the dessert table and guest table, I actually seem to be getting quite a few request to arrange dessert tables...... very cool! Check out my "work"!

The "Advice" tree/ Guest table
People were to write advice for the new and first time mommy or a lovely note, for those that weren't parents. Reading off the notes from the tree was quite hilarious actually..... guest were very creative! LOL!

I really love this quote, so I printed it at Kinkos and put it in this apple green frame, I painted myself.

Personalized candy bar favors

The dessert table!


The very happy Mommy to be!

Resources: Rentals from Heavenly Moments
Desserts, store bought or made myself
Custom Labels/Candy bar wrappers by Green Apple Paperie
Cupcake stand, made myself
Cupcake Toppers, made myself

19 comments:

Petite Marie said...

So cute!
Did you make the toppers yourself??? Great job!
I'm working on a baby shower myself...brown and green!

J. At Your Service said...

Thank you Marie! Yes, I did make the toppers myself. I just realized I didn't put that in my post but I changed it. Scalloped paper punchers have become my obsession! hehe! Oooh, I can't wait to see what you create! I bet it'll be great!

Mom's Me Time said...

congratulations on a job very well done! I liked everything...I don't know why but the marsh-mellow oreo cookie really caught my attention. Very creative! I am visiting from http://mommetime.com/ take care, Amy

sara said...

Wow...beautiful pics! You really do amazing work!

Sara
http://www.8aplenty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

great job! I LOVE the blue and brown theme and the advice tree is such a great idea! Love the streamers on the tabletop too!

hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
party inspiration

Anonymous said...

Holy AMAZING!!! How dang cute is ALL of that?? I am jealous! I love your work, makes me kinda want another baby though ;)

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I have awarded your beautiful blog with the "One lovely blog" award! You SO deserve it, you put so much hard work and time into this, we all enjoy it! Come by and pick it up when you have some time k!

-Marci @ http://Marciandlevin.blogspot.com
The balancing act in stiletto's and scrubs

J. At Your Service said...

You ladies are awesome! Thanks for the lovely comments and support! I tried my best on a tight budget I was given and it seemed to have come together nicely!

kewkew said...

You are so talented. What a beautiful layout for such a special occasion.

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I am now following you.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! you did a wonderful job. i love the colors.

janice~bella birthdays & celebrations (CPN)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

so cute!! Great job!

Cheri said...

Hi there. Just saw you on the CPN. Great party!! Could you tell me if you use a punch or just cut out the kinds of scalloped food labels? They look awesome!

J. At Your Service said...

Thanks Cheri! The dessert labels are a printable file I purchased from Green Apple Paperie on Etsy. I cut them out with scissors....it was super easy!

Melissa C said...

Everything looks great! Love the lables!!
trulychicinspirations.blogspot.com

denise said...

Can you tell me how to make the quote in a picture frame? Do I take my quote to Kinkos and tell them the size I need? Thanks

J. At Your Service said...

Denise, yes, take the quote there and you can tell them what you want to do. Either they can do it (for a charge) or they will instruct you, so you can type it up yourself (for a smaller charge). I think I paid like $5 to $7, thats with computer time that they charge for.

Melissa G said...

What a beautiful baby shower! Great job!
The ultrasound pictures over the cupcakes are adorable! And the oreo marshmallows look delish!

J. At Your Service said...

Thank you Melissa!

Anonymous said...

your party is beautiful! where did you find the advice tree? did you spray paint a limb brown? it is a great idea.

ann

Anonymous said...

wow Jenet u r awesome how do u do it to be so creative? Is it too expensive to come up with such beautiful decorations?

Aida G.