Sunday, October 25, 2009

On a Roll!!

Let me start by saying, that I cook ALL the time! But my week day meals are usually, easy and fast. I don't have alot of time to get fancy. I usually try, to really do something good, on Sundays or game nights...for my hubby of course! So today, I really got going! I made us a fabulous lunch, for our family picnic! Then came home, to start a delish dinner! I didn't do any measuring for this...I tend to do that!
Chicken Salad sandwiches w/ a cranberry spread:
3 chicken breast, chopped (cooked)
Chopped celery
Chopped Dill
Chopped Scallions
Mix Mayonnaise, salt, pepper and a few dashes of Lemon juice....in a bowl.
Combine all together
I used, canned cranberry sauce, to spread on 7 grain bread.
I added coleslaw and fruit, to our lunch.

Dinner was courtesy of Bobby Flay....Hubby LOVES his stuff!
Sliders w/ Chipotle Mayonnaise, served with garlic fries

Chipotle Mayonnaise:

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 2 chipotles in adobo sauce
* 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
* 1/2 lime, juice
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Sliders:

* 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck, 80/20
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Cheese slices, your choice
* Mini burger buns

Burger Bar (if desired):

* Chipotle Mayonnaise
* Pickles
* Red onion slices

Chipotle Mayonnaise:
Directions:
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and puree. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Sliders:
Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
Form the meat into 2 to 3-ounce portions, packed tightly. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the sliders on the grill. Wait until they are nice and crusty on the first side, about 4 to 5 minutes and then flip and cook another 4 minutes. When the sliders are about done, top with desired cheese and close the grill, allowing the cheese to melt.
Place the slider on mini burger buns and top with chipotle mayonnaise and any other desired toppings.
The fries were from Trader Joes, in the freezer section. They were so easy to make.

0 comments: