Thursday, December 26, 2013

Kid-Friendly New Years Eve {Product Shoot}

New Years Eve is just a few days away, so I thought I would share the product/photo shoot I put together for Everyday Party Magazine's Winter issue. It's kid-friendly, as well as budget friendly. Most of the products were purchased from Dollar Tree or the 99 Cent Store. I created all the printables for this shoot, with gold and navy blue colors. The collection includes a "Happy New Year" banner, mini bottle labels, (2) 4x6 tables, (1) 8x10 sign, favor tags and cupcake topper flags. I'm offering them as a free printable, so if you'd like the collection just email me at jatyourserviceshop@gmail.com. I will email you the files within 24 hrs.

 These mini sparkling apple cider bottles can be found at the 99 Cent Store.

 These gorgeous cookies were made by the super talented Arlene of She Wears the Crown. You gotta check her out!!

 The fortune cookies can also be purchase at the 99 Cent Store. I brushed a little syrup on the ends and dipped them in edible glitter. Pretty and yummy!




 I jazzied up these blow pops from the 99 with glitter tag flags.

I used these tiny plastic jars that I had left over from another party and filled them with mini gumballs....yep, you guessed it, the 99 Cent Store. I even found this blue berry licorice there!

 We've all seen these 99 cent frames from Ikea, right? I just sprayed painted mine navy blue and gold to suite my theme.
 I created these favor tags for mini gable boxes that I purchase at Target for $1 .
Fun gold star glasses for each plate setting. You can find these at the Dollar Tree.
 Each plate setting has gold chargers from the 99 Cent Store. I used clear plastic plates and confetti stars to sprinkle underneath them. Inexpensive way to add some sparkle. Found these blue confetti stars at Walmart for .99 cents a pack.

 For obvious reasons, I used plastic champagne glasses (from Dollar Tree) for the kids apple bubbly. I Mod Podged the stems and dusted glitter on them. After they dried a bit, I added another coat of Mod Podge to seal them.


Dollar store activities: Occupying the kids before the clock stikes midnight can be challenging. Making their own ball to drop with styrofoam balls and glitter, is simple for any age. Just need glitter and Mod Podge. Also having them create their own clock striking midnight is fun. You can use glitter pens (for the older ones) or glittery foam sticker numbers (for the little ones).




1 comments:

Blanca said...

Such a great party...love all the details and ideas :) Such a cute place setting and centerpiece!!!