Monday, February 28, 2011

My Parties: Serina's 12th Birthday {Zebra Funk}

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a fab weekend! Mine was great but very exhausting. We celebrated my daughter Serina's 12th birthday on Saturday. She requested a little party for her and her friends, plus a sleep over. So we did just that! It was a little tricky putting this together because if you have tweens or teens, you know how PICKY they can be. Those creatures are very hard to please! With her help on EVERY detail, I thought we put together something cute and funky, yet simple, we called it "Zebra Funk". I incorporated some of her favorite things like jeans, bead bracelets, the color blue, zebra prints and photos. She loved it and all the girls had a great time, what more can I ask for. (Sorry for the over load of pics! There are actually MORE, check out the full album HERE)
I also want to thank Claudia of Tini Posh for squeezing me into her busy schedule to make the awesome dessert labels and table signs for me! You ROCK GIRL!!!
I made the table runners out of denim and added a zebra trim.
I added denim and beads to the vases
(Below) Added zebra ribbon to the lanterns
Bracelet making.....
Activity and favor table
Favors included:Color hair extensions, sunglasses and candyHaving a make-up artist in the family is VERY convenient! The girls enjoyed their make-overs.
Shirt cutting is HUGE with tween/teens. I highly recommend it for a fun party activity. I taught myself just by watching a tutorial on YouTube.
The Divas!!

Sources:
Tini Posh: Dessert labels & table signs

Local Air Brush artist: Birthday sign
Heavenly Moments: Linens (excluding the table runners)
Zebra platters: 99 Cent Store
<span class=

8 comments:

Tini Posh said...

Love it! You rock mama..this is such a difficult age to plan for and you did a fab job!! Everything looks great and the girls look like they had a blast! LOL..love the t-shirts!!

J. At Your Service said...

Thank you Claudia! I had to keep asking my daughter if they liked everything, because you can't always tell since these girls hardly smile! LOL! I think its a tween thing?!?!

Anonymous said...

Great job amiga!!!!! Looks really nice!

XoXo
Claudia

Veronika said...

WOW! Everything looks awesome. My absolute favorite (besides the zebra print) are those rice krispie treats! They look delicious :)
Great work!

J. At Your Service said...

@Claudia- Thank you friend! :)
@Veronika- Thank you so much! They were quite yummy too!

Jen @ Party Dreamz said...

I am loving this Jeannette!! Its perfect! Looks like they enjoyed every minute of it. I have a few years before my own girls reach that age, but I'll keep something like this mind! Love those colors together too. Great job!

J. At Your Service said...

Thanks so much Jen! I appreciate your comment :)These are tough yrs I must say :/

Kath said...

wow. what a cool idea and theme, love it. saw you on the birthday blog. so cool.

kathryn
-thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com