Thursday, December 9, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Shots

Need another idea for your holiday party, perhaps New Year's Eve parties?? As you can tell, I'm loving mini desserts and especially when their in shot or martini glasses. I think it's such a cute and very chic way of presenting a dessert. For my "Girls Night In" party, I made a super easy Strawberry Cheesecake dessert and put them in shot glasses that I purchased at Ross (6pk for $3.99). My friends loved them! Not to mention, it's NO-bake, meaning.......NO STRESS!

cheesecake filling

  • 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 8-ounce pkgs)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
  • canned whipped cream

Directions

  1. Make cheesecake filling by blending cream cheese, eggs, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed, until smooth.
  2. Pour mixture into a large saucepan and cook over med-high heat, stirring often, for 8-10 min or until mixture begins to thinken. The mixture should stick to the spoon when it’s inverted. Next, pour cheesecake filling into a covered container and chill for several hours, until cold.
  3. To prepare each serving, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs. Next, spoon 2 tbsp of graham cracker crumbs into a 6-ounce rock glass,.
  4. Top with 1/3 cup cheesecake filling. Next, spoon 2 tbsp of strawberries and syrup on top of cheesecake filling, and top off the dessert with whipped cream.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tini Posh said...

YUM!!! I am a no baky no cooky kinda girl..lol! But I think I might be able to do this!

Jessica Phan said...

how do you stop it from getting gritty?

Anonymous said...

hi, did your recipe only make the 6 shot glasses or did it fill up all 12 in the picture. just need to know if I should double the recipe. thanks, darlene