Sunday, November 14, 2010

DIY: Cupcake toppers

I know I'm a couple months late on this but better late than never, right? Sometimes life gets so chaotic and we get side tracked...... well at least I do anyways! So I'm doing my best to catch up and get to some blogging that I should have done a long time ago. I wanted to share the very easy way I made Tahlia's cupcake toppers for her 7th birthday. Not everyone knows where to look to get party ideas, some may come across certain ideas and not realize how easy it can be to create a similar look, with little effort. One thing I can advise anyone to do, is look for those scrapbooking stores, or aisles in your local crafts store. By now, most of you know how much I love printables. I'm learning so much and even trying to get into making my own. But if learning how to create a printable is not something that interests you, there are printable packages you can buy from great sites like Etsy, the Celebration Shoppe and Mygrafico. Scrapbook embellishments is another way to go. You can find embellishments for all kinds of themes and they make things look almost professionally made. For Tahlia's cupcake toppers, I found flower and butterfly embellishments by K&Company at Walmart. They were so inexpensive, at only $3.99 for the pack. I also purchased glitter cardstock at Target for only 99 cents a 2pk. I'm always looking for new ways to create a cupcake topper and if anyone has any great ideas, please feel free to share them!

I used my scalloped paper puncher, glue the embellishments to the glitter cardstock, then glue the entire piece to mini wooden forks (you can use lollipop sticks as well) and there you have it.... cupcake toppers! Easy as pie!

$3.99 a pk



<span class=

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I think that you've done a really great job with these!


Congratulations!

Kelly
http://r.evie.ws/view-review/how-to-plan-the-perfect-party

Petite Marie said...

Hi Jeannette!
Loved your toppers!
But just saw your blog re-design! Love it too!!!
Who did you use???

Claudia

J. At Your Service said...

Thanks Claudia! Erin of E.B. Designs did my layout. Pricing was good and she was very helpful and flexible. I would totally recommend her. I believe she also has an Etsy shop, where you can purchase a la carte.
http://eb-designs.blogspot.com/

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

Those are super cute!!

Jen @ Party Dreamz said...

Love these Jeannette! So cute and girly! I always seem to have a problem with the glue not sticking to the glitter paper. What kind of glue do you use?

J. At Your Service said...

Thank you Jen! Well I use the glue gun but with these particular ones I didn't need to. These embellishments had their own adhesive on the back and that seemed to be enough.

Tini Posh said...

SUPER CUTE!! Great Job!