Friday, January 8, 2010

Starting 2010

Happy New Year everyone! Yes, I've been away for a while but it's been a hectic few weeks. Getting through my hubby's birthday and the holidays was all I could think about. Trying to get my home back in order was another task and not an easy one, that's for sure. Now that we have started a new year, it's time to think about what's to come. What I would like to do, goals and such. I won't call these resolutions but just some things I want to work on and try (this will have to come in parts). First thing....Italian; cooking more Italian food. My husband loves Italian food but I don't make much of it. I found this great recipe. Lucky for us, we can now throw ready-to-go refrigerated ravioli into our grocery carts and use it to whip up dishes like these, in minutes, not hours. This family friendly skillet meal, may well prove to be a sneaky way to get our kids to eat spinach as well.
Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large leek, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5 oz cans no salt added stewed tomatoes
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon
dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 9oz. package refrigerated chicken filled or cheese filled ravioli
3 cups baby spinach
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
fresh rosemary optional
Directions:
1) In an extra large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in ravioli; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Stir in spinach. Cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes more or until ravioli is tender. Top with cheeses. If desired, garnish with rosemary.
Makes 4 (1 1/2 cup) servings

0 comments: