Monday, April 22, 2013

Nate, the Boy Wonder {4th Birthday Party}

 A couple of weeks ago we had a birthday party for son Nate, he turned 4 years old. I swear, I really can't believe how time is flying! Seems like not too long ago when we celebrated his first birthday with a carnival theme. I thought of just having an outing to celebrate but he was really excited with the idea of a party and asked about his birthday party for a couple of months before his birthday. So since the kid is so spoiled, a party he did have.
I had originally decided on having an Octonauts themed party because it is his favorite show on the Disney channel. I thought it would be so cute and he liked it for a party theme as well. Then something happened.... he freakin' CHANGED his mind! Yes, out of nowhere he started saying he wanted a Robin birthday party! What the??? Robin, as in the Boy Wonder.... Batman's lil buddy. Apparently he'd been really into a Batman and Robin video game on his Nintendo DS. Guess I missed that one! Ha! He insisted for it to be Robin, NOT Batman. Is this kid difficult or what?? Couldn't just be Batman as well? NOPE. We all know how popular Batman is but poor lil ol' Robin, not so much. So finding things for this party was NOT easy at all. I had to create everything and think really hard on how to bring him out. I decided to use the Robin colors (red, green and yellow), also black and white chevron for a pop of modern/funky patterns. I found some great vendors that accommodated my requests and worked up some major cuteness. My usual go to gals also did some great work! Check out Nate, the Boy Wonder's 4th birthday party....

 I created the invitation with the colors and patterns I had in mind.


 I made the centerpieces using Robin images I found online. Painted unfinished wood boxes that I purchased from the Target dollar section. I added chevron ribbon and made the lollipop label and the "Nate, the boy wonder" sign.


 Yes. That is a giant Robin pinata! I had it custom made by a local party rental shop. Nate and all the kids thought that it was so cool!


 Favors inside the gable boxes: besides the snacks, superhero gliders, superhero wrist bands and crayon boxes that I made chevron wrappers for, with a "Kapow!" label.

 I created these labels for the gable boxes to resemble Robins suit. (Now available in my Etsy shop.)
 As well as these favor tags.

 These little bubble bottles are one of my favorite details of the party! After seeing the most adorable guitar bubble jars by Vanessa Grant Events, I just knew I wanted to make my own version for Nate's party. I found toy spinning tops , spray painted them yellow (to resemble birdarangs), as well as the lids to these tiny jars. Added a little bit of glitter too.

 I also gave the kids black eye mask that I purchased from MyAllyBally on Etsy
 I arranged green and yellow capes on a clothing rack and a sign I made for it. Capes are from Cupcake Cutie Kids on Etsy.






 My Nate was so stylish with his birthday shirt that the wonderful Claudia of Tini Posh made!!

 The kiddie table centerpiece.



 I added the "R" Robin logo to these plastic French style milk bottles. I always go to Cute Kids Food Box for my plastic bottles and all kinds of other goodies!

 Sugar Coated Studio created these AWESOME forks to fit my theme. I LOVE them!

 I pasted Robin images to clear square plates for the kids place settings.

 The kiddie table got a lil' more love than the rest of the guest tables. I made a chevron table runner to lay over a red linen.



 The dessert table!




 Who doesn't love Popcornopolis??

 Roni's Sugar Creations always makes me weak in the knees when I see what she creates for my parties! 

 Had my sister in my kitchen until 2am, making sour belt candy skewers. Hahaha!


 Ordered these chocolate covered oreos in my color scheme from a local sweets maker, Cookie's Sweet Treats. They were sooooo GOOD! Love the added shimmer!


 Krispy Kreme donut holes are another of Nate's favorites! I repackaged them in these clear cups with dome lids from PoshBox Couture.



 I have to say how much I love this cupcake stand that I was able to order last minute, from Franks Crafts on Etsy!

 My friend Silvia made this AMAZING cake for us! I felt bad cutting into because it was so damn cute! She doesn't have a shop yet but she definitely SHOULD!!

 So happy when we sang happy birthday to him! 

 What an awesome finishing touch to Nate's Robin look, with this gorgeous cape from Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails!

 Us girls needed some hair swag as well. This hair bow from 3 Piggy Tails Boutique is adorable! Tahlia looked so cute!
My amazing friend DeAnna of Pink Laundry Events made this SUPER cool headband for me. If you ask me, I totally rocked it! ;) Hahaha!

Some of our super cute guests!


We also had some special little guest from Creativities Galore stop by!

Nothing makes me happier than seeing my children so happy and excited.... 
especially on their birthday! Nate, the boy wonder had a blast!

Items available in my Etsy shop.

Vendor List:
Chevron paper straws: http://www.shopsweetlulu.com/
2 oz. plastic bubble jars: SKS Bottle & Packaging
Clear cups with dome lids: PoshBox Couture
4 inch candy tubes: Isakay Boutique
3 tier square zigzag cupcake stand: Franks Crafts
Black eye masks: My Ally Bally
Satin superhero capes: Cupcake Cutie Kids
Custom wood forks: Sugar Coated Studio
French square milk bottles: Cute Kids Food Box
Robin cape: Frogs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
Robin hair bow: 3 Piggy Tails Boutique
"KAPOW" headband: Pink Laundry Events
Robin shirt: Tini Posh
"N" cookies: Roni's Sugar Creations
Glitter chocolate covered Oreos: Cookie's Sweet Treats
Party decor, styling and photography by J. At Your Service


7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is an awesome party!

Love & Sugar Kisses said...

Wow! I've been waiting to see this! LOVE this! It's such a fun change to see Robin for a super hero party and your details are amazing!!
XO
Maria

Tini Posh said...

SUPER CUTE details!! Your parties are always so original and AMAZING!! Love the combo of the bright colors, chevron with a tini bit of sparkle!! Nate is really the cutest WONDER BOY ever!! <3 it!

Unknown said...

It looks like it was an amazing party Jeannette!! The details are all fantastic and you can tell the party is filled with love!! Nate is one lucky little boy!!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I. LOVE. IT! The colors, the graphics, everything! You always kill it momma!

Veronika said...

Super cute party! Love the black chevron pattern, went great with everything!

Catherine Holt said...

Ha ha...that's so funny. Batman always gets the limelight, so its nice to see something for Robin for a change! What an amazing party you held. The colours just popped out at you...and love those capes!